berg advised on the purchase of the business and assets of The McDonald Partnership and Thistle Property Maintenance Services (Sheffield) Limited.
• The Hertfordshire based Company is a privately owned property management business operating from regional offices across England and Wales, with a portfolio of over 40,000 homes.
• The Company specialises in providing property management solutions to blocks of flats, residential estates and mixed use developments of various sizes and complexity.
• The Company acts on behalf of developers, landlords, freeholders and residents and deals with financial and legal matters together with any necessary maintenance and communications on behalf of its clients and their properties.
• berg has an on-going relationship with the Company, having advised on previous acquisitions and contractual matters.
• The Company instructed berg to act on behalf of two of its group companies on the purchase of certain business assets of The McDonald Partnership and Thistle Property Maintenance Services (Sheffield) Limited (the “Businesses”) respectively.
• berg used its incisive, courageous and imaginative approach to guide the Purchasers through the legal due diligence process and negotiations of the sale and purchase agreements and ancillary documents required for the acquisition.
• berg’s corporate, property and employment departments all played a role and worked as an effective team to see the transaction through to a timely completion.
• The outcome was the successful purchases of the Businesses, which resulted in the expansion of the Trinity Group.
• The purchases of the Businesses have strengthened the Group’s ever-expanding presence in the property management market across England and
“Having worked with berg’s Corporate team on a number of transactions over several years, they have become the legal advisors of first resort for our corporate acquisition and disposal work. We know that we can rest assured that Stephen Foster and his team will protect our business interests in the negotiation of the contractual documents whilst at the same time taking a commercial approach to getting the deal done.”