Andrew is a Senior Associate in Kennedys Manchester office. He qualified in 1992 and is an ADR Group accredited Mediator.
Andrew is very experienced in advising businesses on managing and resolving their disputes. He acts for companies and high net worth individuals, be they manufacturers, suppliers, contractors, property developers, or in the services industry.
Andrew manages all manner of contract and trade disputes, investor, shareholder, and partnership disputes, fraud and injunctions. His cases range from valuable property development disputes, an earn-out claim in respect of a care home portfolio and a substantial claim for The London Eye.
Andrew is consistently mentioned in The Legal 500, described as a “well-regarded practice head”, “a safe pair of hands”, and “as tough as is needed”.
- Successfully pursued a multi-million pound claim for The London Eye against a now defunct national firm of solicitors.
- Successfully defended an action on behalf of the UK’s leading property developer and land promoter, not to complete a multi-million pound contract of sale for land on the ground of fraudulent mis-representation by Local Authority Officers; and pursuing a counterclaim £30m to a successful conclusion. Subsequent litigation relating to the same land sale was determined in a Court of Appeal. (Nottinghamshire and City of Nottingham Fire Authority and Another –v- Gladman Commercial Properties  18 EG 109 CS (High Court)).
- Advised on a complex warranties claim in relation to an under-funded Pension Scheme following a takeover.
- Advised in proceedings relating to multi-million pound land promotion agreements.
- Successful defence at trial of a wrongful dismissal claim brought by a former manager against Stoke City Football Club.