How can sickness absence affect your business?
Employment law expert Michelle Gray discusses a recent case where she achieved a successful outcome for a client who, during employment as a teacher, was assaulted by a pupil resulting in a long term sickness absence and dismissal issue.
Michelle also answers frequently asked questions such as:
- What forms can sickness absence take?
- How is disability defined?
- What action can an employer take in long-term absence cases?
- What are the risks in terminating?
- We have an employee who has been off with stress for 9 months. Would they be protected?
- How long is reasonable before waiting to terminate?
Who can I talk to about managing sickness absence?