Startup to small business – how to avoid legal disputes
View ‘Startup to small business – how to avoid legal disputes’ video below
You’re starting out, or thinking of starting out in business. From setting out the right agreements, contracts and protections to knowing what to do when your startup hits the first obstacle – there is a range of issues to consider when starting out.
In this video solicitors Chris Glover and Mark Fairclough give top tips for setting out on the right foot with a startup and avoiding disputes and tricky situations that could put your business in peril from the beginning, including:
• Clearly setting out arrangements between founders, investors and shareholders.
• Obtaining legal and accounting advice about the way to run your business.
• Doing the background work on your intellectual property and checking you won’t be infringing anyone else’s rights with your work.
• Applying for the relevant IP and trademarks for use in your business.
• Providing written contracts for your employers and contractors clearly setting out roles.
• Preparing terms and conditions for common transactions.
How can I get startup or dispute resolution advice?
Get in touch with our startup business team on email@example.com
Visit our dedicated webpage for startup services.